The Faculty of Rehabilitation
- Department of Medical Rehabilitation Established in 2005. Department reorganized in 2015 into Department of Physical Therapy and Department of Occupational Therapy
- Department of Physical Therapy (2023 enrollment limit: 40 students)
- Department of Occupational Therapy (2023 enrollment limit: 40 students)
- Department of Social Rehabilitation (2023 enrollment limit: 90 students) Established in 2005
The Faculty consists of the Department of Physical Therapy for the training of physical therapists, the Department of Occupational Therapy for the training of occupational therapists, and the Department of Social Rehabilitation for the training of certified social workers and psychiatric social workers and the nurturing of members of society with a welfare-oriented mind. Very few universities in Japan provide such training for rehabilitation specialists, and the departments are attracting much attention. In April 2009, the Graduate School of Rehabilitation was established.
Four Years to Develop Comprehensive Skills and a Multifaceted Perspective.
As the fields of rehabilitation and social services grow increasingly complex and diverse, assistance providers must have broad-based training and be able to respond with flexibility. We train experts who have not only specialized skills and expertise, but also a multifaceted perspective and thinking skills that take into account the big picture.
Curriculum with Organic Coordination Betweenthe Three Departments
A Dedicated Facility with Cutting-Edge Equipment
Department of Physical Therapy
Department of Occupational Therapy
Department of Social Rehabilitation
Promoting comprehensive rehabilitation
Students engaged in activities at the Meimai housing complex (adjacent to Kobe Gakuin University) where the population aging rate is high
Students and faculty members work with local neighborhood associations, administrative organizations, specialized institutions, NPOs, and residents’ activity groups to organize seminars, consultation services, and festivals. At present, students of the Department of Social Rehabilitation are visiting there on an ongoing basis as part of on-the-job training and group activities.
Performing research using 3D motion analysis equipment
The Department of Physical Therapy has installed the latest 3D motion analysis equipment for research on motion analysis, such as sports motions. Students are involved in this research using new technology.
Learning in a real environment just likein the support field
The Department of Occupational Therapy has some of the best equipment in Japan, allowing students to move their bodies for practical learning about how to use and select tools and instruments to match various possible situations. We use more realistic equipment to aid the learning of students who will be responsible for the future.
- Faculties and Graduate School
- The Faculty of Law
- The Faculty of Economics
- The Faculty of Business Administration
- The Faculty of Humanities and Sciences
- The Faculty of Psychology
- The Faculty of Contemporary Social Studies
- The Faculty of Global Communication
- The Faculty of Rehabilitation
- The Faculty of Nutrition
- The Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- The Graduate Schools